The Mascots curriculum is designed to have the children begin their baseball experience in a fun environment that also introduces simple basics of the game, including the following objectives:
- Simple base running and base recognition.
- Hitting; holding the bat properly, focusing on making contact with the ball off of a tee.
- Throwing in an overhand motion.
- Fielding, with emphasis on using two hands and not falling down.
- Fitness and agility.
- Improved hand/eye coordination.
- An introduction to social skills such as following simple instructions and taking turns.